If you are like many people, your saving strategy is not coordinated with your 401(k) investing strategy. Furthermore, you have not had the time to take college level investing classes or test for the Chartered Financial Analyst or CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional designations. While having access to a retirement plan is great is does not sure that all of its components are working for you.
Is the 401(k) investing default right for you?
An employer-sponsored plan may be oversimplified to meet the 401(k) investing needs of the many. Some plans have a default 401(k) investing choice. Does the default have you in mind? Some of the defaults are in a cash type of investment. Others have something called a qualified default investment alternative. That choice could be ones referred to as balanced, risk-based or target date. The target date is the approximate date when investors plan to start withdrawing their money. The principal value of a target fund is not guaranteed at any time, including at the target date.No matter the choice, they each have a mix of different types of investments such as bonds, stocks and cash. However, an x-ray is required to know what percentage is included in each. In addition, what specific types of investments are inside of the allocation? Are they proprietary or non-proprietary? Should you care?
By working with Envision Wealth Planning, you can receive objective, personalized advice you need to create a thoughtful strategy that brings your personal vision of financial independence aka retirement into focus. We can help you evaluate your goals and create a step-by-step strategy to pursue them based on your current financial situation, investment philosophy and timeline.
When you partner with us, we will help you on your employer-sponsored retirement plan
- Identify your long-term financial goals
- Develop a investing strategy based on your savings and time horizon
- Build a diversified portfolio balancing that considers your natural risk tolerance and your need for risk given your resources
And because we have no proprietary products to sell, you will always receive objective retirement plan guidance.
Our customized 401k investing service
Significant life changes can also impact your finances and affect your retirement plan:
- Life transforming events such as divorce or paying for your kid’s college
- Risk tolerance changes as you approach retirement
- Major market changes requiring adjustments to your portfolio
- Modifications to your employer-sponsored retirement plan options
Because we charge through a transparent fee, we are able to work with you to personalize an investing program. Through our 401k investing service we will
- Help you clearly and accurately define your 401k investing investment objectives.
- Obtain current information from you to ensure that our recommendations are an accurate reflection of your needs and goals.
- Provide recommendations only with respect to the investment options available under your current 401k.
- Deliver written asset allocation and/or specific investment recommendations for your 401k.
It is up to you to decide whether to implement our recommendations.
Addressing your retirement needs may seem daunting, but we can work with you to establish a strategic direction and guide you toward your goals. Ready to contact us to learn more or schedule a consultation?