Past topics have included:
- Socially responsible investing
- Values-based financial planning
- Retirement planning
- 401K planning
- College savings planning
- Wealth management and investing
- Small business financial planning
- Women’s financial planning
- African-American financial planning
James’ credentials include:
- MBA from Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) is a standard certification for advisors, designees are exposed to nearly 100 topics on integrated financial planning. Major topics include, but not limited to: insurance, employee benefits, securities, state and federal tax, estate tax and planning, asset protection, etc.
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC®) is a program that focuses on the pre- and post-retirement needs of individuals, allowing you to transform the retirement planning process into a positive experience
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA™) helps clients determine the short-term and long-term financial impact of any proposed divorce settlement. We provide valuable analysis on financial issues such as taxes, dividing property and retirement plans, child support, spousal support, and net income pre- post-divorce.
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) designation represents a thorough knowledge of and ability to apply the fiduciary practices.
- The College Funding and Student Loan Advisor Designation (CFSLA) provides the financial information advisors need to help student and families through the entire college financial decision process- saving for college, paying for college, student debt & asset utilization and loan repayment and forgiveness.